Would You Take the Titanic Cruise?

titanic_1383934c.jpgCool or creepy? A Titanic-themed cruise, created to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the the ill-fated vessel, will retrace its trans-Atlantic journey in April of 2012 (without an iceberg collision, we hope). The cruise, created by Miles Morgan Travel, will follow the original ship’s itinerary, departing from Southampton, England, and stopping in Cherbourg, France and Cobh, Ireland, before arriving at the site where the Titanic struck an iceberg on April 15, 1912. There, 100 years after the ship sank, passengers will hold a memorial service for the 1,500 who lost their lives that day. The 12-day cruise will also include a stop in Halifax, Nova Scotia, so that the passengers may visit several of the cemeteries where the Titantic’s victims were buried, before finally arriving in New York, the original ship’s destination.

Those traveling on the commemorative vessel Bamoral will find it outfitted with many of the same touches used in James Cameron’s epic film. “The whole voyage will be steeped in Titanic history,” Miles Morgan, the trip’s organizer, told the Telegraph earlier this year. “The food served will match the sumptuous menus on the original voyage; the entertainment will include music and dancing in the style featured in those glorious times and there will be a chance to hear firsthand from historians who have studied the Titanic story.” Right now, nine cabins have already been sold, for about $3,900 each.

What’s your take? Would you climb aboard the Bamoral to relive and remember Titanic’s maiden voyage?

[Titanic Memorial Cruise]
[Gadling]
[CNN]
[National Geographic Channel: Return to Titanic]

Image: via the Telegraph

Comments

1. Eric
    October 13, 2009, 5:39 pm

This is more scary than creepy. I’d do it but I would be paranoid the whole way through, especially when stopping where the cruise sunk.

2. Jayson
    October 13, 2009, 8:05 pm

Its really very creepy. Still the search is been going at the place where the ship sank.

3. royal caribbean cruise deals
    November 27, 2009, 5:53 am

I found it romantic.. not creepy, not scary.. It also adventures. I love the movie Titanic and as everyone know everyone knows heroine succeed in survival so it’s not scary at all as I am heroine of my life..

4. ashton
    December 8, 2009, 8:30 am

i like the titanic but not vry scary or creepy as i thought it was 7 out of 10

5. Casey
    January 31, 2010, 10:51 pm

I am only fourteen but am completely intrigued by the Titanic. Did you know that in the movie, some of the things were actually true?
    “As they left their stateroom on C-Deck after the collision on April 14th they saw a steward trying to open the door of a cabin behind which a panicking passenger was trapped. Williams put his shoulder to the door and broke in. The steward threatened to report him for damaging company property.”
    William Norris II Williams *Survivor*
    “…an officer pointed a revolver and said if any man tried to get in he would shoot him on the spot. I saw the officer shot two men dead because they tried to get into the boat. Afterwards there was another shot, and I saw the officer himself lying on the deck. They told me he shot himself, but I did not see him.”
    Mr Eugene Patrick Daly *Survivor*
    This was just some research I did, I hope I interested some of you.
    Caseyy

6. Lauren
    February 25, 2010, 2:14 pm

Hi Casey,
    That is very interesting. My surname is Casey! I am goin on board the Titanic Balmoral and am soo excited!I think it is a little scary but I am soo interested in the Titanic and cannot wait to enjoy the cruise and learn all about the Titanic!
    Lauren

7. Shaina
    March 27, 2010, 8:50 am

I loooooooooooooooooved it!

8. bob
    March 29, 2010, 4:58 pm

What a brilliant idea; my wife & I are thinking of going on the cruise as a retirement cruise with a difference. I just want to know if the price includes a swim with Kate [joke].

9. Leah
    May 11, 2010, 3:20 am

My question is are they gonna have 1st class 2nd class and 3rd class like they did back then? and be treated the same way? what if something bad did happen would they have enough life boats and would they board them equally and fully? surely they would but just some interesting questions..

10. Andrew Childs
    February 19, 2012, 9:09 pm

Hi you are asking if people would like to go on the Titanic Cruise and I’m telling you that I would l like to go on the Titanic

11. janet gildner
    northern michigan
    April 10, 2012, 7:23 am

are they filming the memorial service or parts of cementry tours