A First Glimpse of Hogwarts

aaMG_9995 FINAL.jpgI don’t typically go gaga for amusement parks, but this Hogwarts castle recreation at Universal Orlando Resort sent a tingle through my Muggle blood. When it’s finished, the castle will be the home of Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, a “thrilling, state-of-the-art attraction” that Universal promises will use “groundbreaking technology” to “bring the magic, characters and stories of Harry Potter to life in ways never before experienced.”  (I hope that means visitors will fly). It’s part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, due to open in spring 2010.

For Harry fans who prefer technology that was state-of-the-art in the 19th century, you can take a ride on the Jacobite Steam Train (aka Hogwarts Express) that chugs from Fort William to Mallaig in the Scottish Highlands, summers only (May to October). You’ll ride through the same spectacular scenery and cross familiar bridges, but you’ll have to bring your own Chocolate Frogs

Photo credit: Kevin Kolczynski, Universal Orlando Resort

Comments

1. anthonny alexander leite da nóbrega
    mossoró
    March 22, 2013, 10:35 am

mass there that really want to go in this beautiful place to be fantastic love harry potter
    Relics of Death 1 and 2
    the order of the phoenix
    others are too much love

2. BarryStanton
    Liechtenstein
    January 4, 2013, 10:20 am

As of the writing, Duke has 100 yards off 19 attempts and has held Cincinnati to 124 off 13. The first step up David Cutcliffe’s running-related advice has taken hold, but the second part has not. It’s worthwhile to run the ball. Taste the vibes until are going to be capable. Duke punter Will Monday celebrated after this punt like he’d just run in any 79-yard interception return. Instead, he’d merely punted. It was a 79-yard punt that soared over the Cincinnati return man’s head, skipped along the sideline just out of his reach, then skidded to any halt just shy of your goal line. Every day should be Will Monday.

3. roomba appliances
    February 26, 2011, 7:48 am

The very latest news and updates for the iRobot Roomba robotic vacuum, Questions and comments about all other Robotic Appliances go here. Questions and comments about all other Robotic Appliances go here. Oct 21, 2010 Before I got the roomba, I had dog hair on the floor constantly, an appliance snob budget conscious . Appliances on Sears.com

4. Glee Live
    February 20, 2011, 11:43 am

I like it very much because it has very helpful articles of various topics like different culture and the latest news. I am a googler and search on many topics.

5. desperate housewives online
    February 18, 2011, 1:46 pm

Same as the equals in a method name. It doesn’t really change the behavior of the method, but when creating getter/setter methods it makes you code more clear.

6. medical assistant schools
    February 18, 2011, 7:38 am

The Brooklyn initiative may result in the seeding of a Reconstructionist synagogue that will eventually be the subject of the wonderful work of our Outreach and Affiliations staff and committee.

7. no nonsense muscle building
    February 18, 2011, 6:05 am

I admire what you have done here. It is good to see your clarity on this important subject can be easily observed. Tremendous post and will look forward to your future update.

8. shooting games
    February 12, 2011, 6:38 am

The colour schemes are lovely, you have made this page very attractive. But I did not like the stuff too much, you really need to improve on it.

9. Pictures of Thrush
    January 9, 2011, 2:25 am

I’m currently teaching two introductory college classes. Each one has half the students using blogs, the other half using wiki’s. So far, I think the wiki’s are more helpful for the students.

10. Self Catering Cottages Scotland
    May 28, 2010, 11:24 am

This is down straight awesome. My god my siblings are nutty for the Harry Porter sequel we just can’t get enough of it. Keep watching them altogether on weekends up till 5am in the morning. It is amazing and lunatic too. But this new creation will blow our minds off. I still can’t believe my eyes for reading this. It truly send a tingle down the spine knowing what a massive project and creation this will. They will definitely make huge bucks out of this new innovation.

11. Robin
    February 14, 2010, 11:50 am

Well done. That’s the castle of Harry Potter. I wish I could visit to the castle once.
    Glimpse of Hogwarts

12. David
    February 8, 2010, 6:52 pm

My younger sister is crazy about Harry Potter Movies.She remember each and every dialogue since Philosopher’s Stone. Quick Hotel Bookings

13. Shannon
    February 1, 2010, 1:25 pm

I have been counting down the months (and years) for this park to open, and from what I have been reading, it looks like it won’t let me down. Although I am a die hard Disney Fan, I think this park will also boost Disney sales. I have been reading many articles about how disney stands to lose a lot of profit when this park opens, but I beg to differ. Most likely it will bring in visitors who otherwise would not visit Orlando, but it is also going to bring people to Orlando in genral. And, what family is going to spend their time and money going to Orlano without visiting disney. Disney also has a hold over Universal with their budget friendly resorts. I have a planned trip to Disney in May, but I am planning an additional trip in the fall to visit universal after the crazyness of the opening has died down. So I plan to book really goo drates at a disney resort and visit the Harry Potter world as well. Very Excited!