The Radar — the best of the travel blogosphere (don’t you hate that word?) — is a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday.
- Looking for a scare this Halloween? Check out nine haunted hotels in the U.S. that fit the bill, including the one that provided inspiration for Stephen King’s The Shining. Red rum. [Peter Greenberg]
- Did you know that Wales is about the same size as Massachusetts? Though small, this family-friendly country offers up adventures for just about everyone. Find out how. [Europe Up Close]
- We’ve talked about an obvious one, Easter Island (and how to shoot the Milky Way there), recently on the blog, but what are some other remote places that are worth the trek? Check out this list. [Gadling]
- The “prairie” can often be synonymous with “boring.” But not if you look closer, or look differently. Here are 25 reasons (and gorgeous photographs) why the Canadian prairie is worth seeing. [Matador]
- Food lovers rejoice! Finally, here’s everything you ever wanted to know about Japanese cuisine — from blowfish sashimi to fugu sake to a full-on kaiseki. The pictures alone will have you salivating. [Uncornered Market]