The Radar — the best of the travel blogosphere— is a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday.
Here’s this week’s:
- South Beach is great, but if you’re looking to get away from the sun, the sand, and the crowds – you haven’t come to the wrong place. Here’s how to see a different side of Miami. [Budget Travel Adventures] @budgettravelsac
- Traveler shared eight personal essays on the power of place in our latest issue. Here’s another powerful story of one son’s 700-mile quest for his mother’s roots in Ireland. [NY Times Travel] @nytimestravel
- Peru promises so many exciting travel opportunities — ancient ruins, lush beaches – that its cities often get overlooked. Annie Fitzsimmons shares tips on how to make the most of Lima. [Annie Fitzsimmons] @anniefitz
- If you love the water (and adventure), think about visiting Palau. This group of 200+ islands 500 miles from the Philippines has everything from jellyfish swimming to night diving. [Matador Network] @MatadorNetwork
- Jill Fergus wanted to immerse herself in nature in Norway — the fjords, the mountains, the quaint coastal villages. See the quiet, rugged beauty of this Scandinavian treasure through her eyes. [Huffington Post] @FergusJill