The Radar — the best of the travel blogosphere — is a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday.
Here’s this week’s:
- Beyond the beaches and ancient cities of Thailand, there is an epic event waiting to be experienced. Check out these photos and see if you’re not convinced that Yi Ping, or the Floating Lantern Festival is a must-see. @thearcticnomad
- The scars of WWII and the divisiveness of the Cold War Era are called to mind by any number of landmarks around Berlin. But the stalwart city keeps reinventing itself. Take a look at Berlin’s past and present. @1step2theleft
- It may be more important to support tourism in Egypt now more than ever. Check out these stunning photographs as a reminder that there’s a flip side to all the bad press in this ancient nation. @EverywhereTrip
- More than 85 percent of food is imported to the islands of Hawaii. But there are some innovative companies that are working hard to make sustainable agriculture a (tasty) reality. @WanderlandAlex
- Dublin is a city where locals don’t rush, so why should you? It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of a new place, but try to resist. See why one blogger slowed down at Dublin Castle, and how it made a difference. @budgettravelsac