Where Do You Want to Go in 2013?

Got wanderlust? We’ve got your ticket. National Geographic Traveler hand-picked 20 must-see destinations for 2013 for our latest issue, but travel is such a personal thing. That’s why we asked our travel staff where they would go if they could only visit one place next year.

Check out the line up, then let us know what’s at the top of your travel to-do list in 2013:

Bhutan

The picturesque Taktsang Monastery in Paro, Bhutan. (Photograph by Anirban Ghosh, My Shot)

“No. 1 is Bhutan, which through scheduling conflicts, I missed being able to visit four times. I want to see what Gross National Happiness index looks like up close and to visit before the hordes begin to shred the fabric of its relatively intact culture and untrammeled landscape.” - Keith Bellows, Editor in Chief, National Geographic Traveler

Chile

“I’m a huge fan of street art, and Valparaíso (one of our best-trip picks for 2013) is a street art hub. I have never been to South America, and from what I’ve seen of pictures of Patagonia, Chile seems like a logical (and beautiful) place to start.” - Carolyn Fox, Senior Producer for Travel Digital, National Geographic

Costa Rica

“I want my next adventure to put me in touch with the natural world. Costa Rica, with its rich opportunities for sustainable and authentic ecotourism, is the perfect place to start.” – Erin Block, Editorial Assistant, National Geographic Traveler

France

“I’ve been all over Europe, but I’ve never been to France. It’s been a dream of mine to visit, but I’ve put it off, waiting for the ‘travel stars’ — time, money, the perfect travel companion — to align. It’s time.” - Leslie Trew Magraw, Editor, Intelligent Travel

Greenland

An active thermal park on New Zealand's North Island. (Photograph by Stuart Bishop, My Shot)

“Well off the beaten path with beautiful arctic landscapes, grand fjords and remarkably remote little Inuit villages, Greenland is the place to go in 2013. The world’s largest glacier (besides Antarctica) has never been more accessible–hike over virgin mountains, do winter adventure sports in the middle of summer, and kayak in the country that gave us the word ‘qajak.’” - Andrew Evans, National Geographic’s Digital Nomad and a contributing editor at Traveler

Kazakhstan

“I would like to gawk at its Futurama capital, Astana, look for the elusive snow leopard, and hike the alpine meadows of the Tien-Shan (Heavenly) Mountains. The only part I wouldn’t like would be drinking fermented mare’s milk.” - Marilyn Terrell, Chief Researcher, National Geographic Traveler

Madagascar

“It’s exotic, it’s larger than France, and then there are those lemurs.” - Norie Quintos, Executive Editor, National Geographic Traveler

New Zealand (with a side trip to New Caledonia)

Rows of lavender in Northern Tasmania. (Photograph by Anthony Crehan, My Shot)

“Stunning landscapes, world-renowned wineries, and adventure sports abound in New Zealand, and New Caledonia has some of the more remote and beautiful beaches in the world.” – Sarah Polger, Senior Digital Photo Editor, National Geographic Travel & Adventure

Peru

“With the recent repatriation of Machu Picchu Incan treasures from Yale University to Cusco’s Museo Casa Concha, I figure this is the year to visit Peru.” - Amy Alipio, Associate Editor, National Geographic Traveler

Tasmania

“I want to go bushwalking on the Overland Track in Tasmania. I know a Tasmanian guy who makes amazing local cheese and another who runs an ecotourism company in Hobart, so all I need now is a plane ticket and a case of shiraz!” - George W. Stone, Contributing Editor, National Geographic Traveler

If you could travel to just one place next year, where would it be and why? Let us know in the comments section below for a chance to appear in an upcoming issue of National Geographic Traveler magazine.

Comments

1. katherine
    Cusco
    June 5, 2013, 12:11 pm

Definetely Peru is an amazing country to visit and not just for inca ruins and Machu Picchu, also for our people and our fantastic food. Right now Peru is ready to satisfy to all kind of clients. We have charming hotels, more adventure trips for families, etc

2. Ferina Julia
    Indonesia
    March 12, 2013, 5:34 am

I wanna explore more about my country, so If I could I would choose Indonesia for my this year travel destination :) There are too many extremely beautiful islands and beaches that haven’t been explored

3. Ferina Julia
    Indonesia
    March 12, 2013, 5:31 am

I wanna explore more about my country, so If I could I would choose Indonesia for my next year travel destination :) There are too many extremely beautiful islands and beaches that haven’t been explored

4. Mike
    Ecuador
    January 28, 2013, 3:24 pm

I plan on goin to the Amazon region and the cloud forests.

5. Ivan
    croatia
    January 25, 2013, 11:31 am

Argentina

6. Sarah Defoort
    Belgium
    January 24, 2013, 9:19 am

I’m currently on Erasmus in Liverpool because the British Isles are in my heart. I’ve been to the Lake District twice and it feels like home. That’s why I would want to visit it again. I’d also love to see Scotland and the Hebrides & Ireland.

7. Suman Roy
    Sonarpur
    January 22, 2013, 8:27 am

I WANT TO GO PEERUUUUUUUUUUUUU

8. Peggy
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    January 22, 2013, 2:10 am

Tromso, Norway

9. Samar Al-Zibdeh
    Jordan
    January 16, 2013, 11:25 am

I’d seriously choose Bhutan. It is the dream that’s chasing me for the last four years. But unfortunately I have not taken any concrete steps to make it true. I am fascinated by their king, the purity and virginity of monuments there. I would like to seek peace of mind and tranquility as well.

10. homi
    Iran
    January 15, 2013, 11:42 am

I would love to go to, the Amazon and south america and greece but like to of Machu Picchu is my big wish

11. Royce De la Cruz Jr.
    Philippines
    January 14, 2013, 12:23 am

Patagonia

12. Royce De la Cruz Jr.
    Philippines
    January 14, 2013, 12:22 am

Go back to Siquijor Island in the Philippines!
    :) It’s more fun in the Philippines!

Although Taichung, Taiwan and Sacramento, California are my and my wife’s top picks.

13. Jacquie Willette
    Seattle, Washington
    January 13, 2013, 8:19 pm

I would love to go to India, the Amazon, the Hebrides, and revisit central Europe – The Habsburgs, Romania, Turkey, Hungary. Since I have done my DNA, so many places intrigue me- including Byzantium(churches) and torevisit Greece. I would also like to go to the Carribean and rest up on the sands after all these travels.

14. natasha
    islamabad(pakistan)
    January 13, 2013, 10:24 am

i want to go SAUDI ARABIA FOR HAJJ……

15. Ashraf Elhariri
    Sudan
    January 13, 2013, 4:59 am

My dream place is to visit Ustralia

16. Paulette
    Melbourne, Australia
    January 12, 2013, 5:06 pm

Ive just returned from an epic trip to Patagonia and Antartica. Both were absolutely stunning! But still did not top my number 1 destination.

This year I’m torn – To complete my “been to every continent” I want to go to Tanzania and climb Killy. But I loved South America so much I want to go to Peru for the Inca Trail and also the Galapagos Islands. Dammit can’t decide!!

17. Ralitsa
    Bulgaria
    January 12, 2013, 6:34 am

Japan, South Africa

18. praneet
    india
    January 11, 2013, 7:47 pm

A bike trip from South India (Bangalore) to North-east states (Shillong, Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram, Sikkim) or to Leh- Ladakh!!

19. jack weems
    crosby texas
    January 11, 2013, 12:40 am

argentinia, machu pichu, scotland and alaska. would do just fine.

20. Gilles Moreau
    Iceland
    January 10, 2013, 6:59 pm

My wife and I will be hiking Iceland this summer with National Geographic Adventure. Can’t wait to see the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, the geyser, volcanoes, glaciers, and of course the famous Blue Lagoon.

21. Sue C
    Randburg, South Africa
    January 10, 2013, 6:48 am

My dream place is Machu Pichu, doing the Inca Trail to Machu Pichu plus the other awesome places, Lake Titicaca, Amazon, Nazca lines, condor’s etc. I’m going in May, can’t wait.

22. Shadreck Phiri
    lusaka,Zambia
    January 10, 2013, 4:19 am

I would like to visit the taj in India in December 2013.

23. Panayiota G.
    Athens
    January 10, 2013, 1:46 am

Mongolia

24. meessoo
    Egypt
    January 9, 2013, 3:17 pm

of course pyramids EGYPT

25. Alvina
    UK
    January 9, 2013, 2:07 pm

Next on my llst are Mongolia and the Congo to see gorillas. I loved Peru and this year managed to get to Nepal and Bhutan. http://reasonstogonorth.com/phobjikha/ Really a fantasic trip. Looking at Tasmania, we also have lavender fields like these in the UK – though in this pic they are not in flower. http://reasonstogonorth.com/broadway_tower/

26. Barbara
    Dallas TX
    January 9, 2013, 12:57 pm

Having been to many countries for pleasure and business and visiting US cities, we are going to travel by auto around New England. We find taking our time to enjoy the areas we’ve only heard about is really enjoyable and educational. .

27. Mr. V N Vora
    Mumbai, India
    January 9, 2013, 12:55 pm

I like Kashmir. The place to visit..I traveled Europe. The wonder full destination. Bhutan and south India, Including Gujarat are best place to visit

28. Lara
    New York, NY
    January 9, 2013, 11:00 am

BAHIA – music, drumming, people! Have been to Brazil
    but not Bahia yet…

29. Krishnakant Mehta
    Mumbai
    January 9, 2013, 10:31 am

We both want to cross Myanmar-India old mountain track ! and see both regions.

30. lecorri
    Texas
    January 9, 2013, 10:02 am

I would love a picture of me with the giant Gallapagos turtles so that is #1 on my 2013 travel list. That said, I would also love to visit Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia as well. Oh, and I want to dive the Great Barrier Reef, but might have to wait until I am 62 to do that. First, the turtles!

31. annie adler
    albany, ny
    January 9, 2013, 9:51 am

I want to get to the Nogongoro Crater of Tanzania on my next safari, love the wildlife!!

32. Aditya Sinha
    Dubai, UAE
    January 9, 2013, 9:38 am

Would love to visit Palolem, Goa, India any time of the year with its silky, white beach, verdant greenery, and pristine blue water.
    Another option would be Singapore to soak in the City built in a Garden and the ever present happiness in the City.

33. Julie
    Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
    January 9, 2013, 9:37 am

Papua New Guinea

34. Samip Malla
    Germany
    January 9, 2013, 9:15 am

I would like to visit Kala Patthar, Nepal.
    I just want to see how the world’s highest peak looks like, as same as in the picture or something different with few emotions. :)

35. Sirpa Hallenberg
    Finland
    January 9, 2013, 8:57 am

I would like to go to Egypt, to see the pyramids, the Niles river and to snorkle in the Red sea.There’s so much history and beautiful places in Egypt

36. Robert
    January 8, 2013, 5:53 pm

It’s a toss-up between Iceland and Croatia. Any advice?

37. Tom
    London
    January 5, 2013, 2:51 pm

I would love to see Penrith in western Sydney.

38. Danielle
    January 3, 2013, 11:03 am

I’ve always wanted to go to Tusheti National Park in the Greater Caucasus Mountain in Georgia. What a dramatic landscape.

39. mihaela s
    January 3, 2013, 6:41 am

I am choosing Peru, for its beauty and mystery!

40. Neil S.
    New Hampshire
    January 2, 2013, 3:35 pm

Corsica. There’s something wild about the place, something that sets it apart, in time, in tradition. I remember reading a short story by Guy de Maupissant, “A Vendetta,” set on the cliffs of Bonifacio, that was just so disturbing, so chilling, that, to me, this is what Corsica has always been about. I think to spend time there would be to brush with the past, to touch the seamier side of life, to caress the dark side that lies at the core of each of us.

41. DeeDee
    Frankfurt am Main,Germany
    January 2, 2013, 9:20 am

My work has brought me from all over Asia to Europe, Australia and New Zealand plus Middle East and USA. Would very much love to see and experience the cultural and historical diversities of South America since I have not never been there yet.

42. herald galingga
    Indonesia
    January 2, 2013, 5:31 am

yupppp…..HOLLAND for 2013

43. Jason
    South Australia
    January 2, 2013, 3:44 am

my first trip abroad this year will be to New Zealand, the beauty of that places amazes me.

44. cressida
    Indonesia
    January 1, 2013, 10:41 pm

In 2013 I want to go to Bhutan, it’s splendid with the height, likely near heaven.
    I have a dream to travel around the world but.. now it’s becoming impossible because I have lost my wings.

45. Francisca Kurniawan
    Shenzhen, China
    January 1, 2013, 1:07 pm

I have been to Cambodia, Tibet and India, so this time I would like to go to Nepal. I’m sure that the view will be amazing! :D

46. Mulenga
    Zambia
    January 1, 2013, 1:42 am

I would love to see Greenland

47. Charm Tree Toys
    Peterborough, Canada
    December 31, 2012, 12:42 pm

As an avid scuba diver. I can’t imagine a more incredible experience than staying at the Poseidon Undersea Resort in Fiji!
    World’s first seafloor resort at 40ft below the water http://www.poseidonresorts.com/poseidon_main.html

48. Jeanne Crump
    Philadelphia, PA
    December 30, 2012, 2:53 pm

Turkey

Astonishing cultural heritage abounds in Turkey’s capital of Istanbul. I’ve heard romanticized stories of adventures in this still-ancient yet modern city. The food, people and scenery all seem to be overflowing with a rich and charismatic heritage.

49. Başak
    Peru!!
    December 30, 2012, 2:05 pm

Normally, If the subject is to travel, I’m ok with many places.
    However, Peruu is the dream place to go for 6 years since the book series of Incas! Need to stand on the top of Machu Pichu, to breathe the histories and the legends, to see the amazing condor!!!…

50. Poobritney
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    December 30, 2012, 2:59 am

Definitely New Zealand for next year!

51. Amy
    Custer State Park, South Dakota
    December 29, 2012, 6:56 pm

Every September the bison that roam Custer State Park are wrangled by cowboys and cowgirls to have their annual doctor visit. I hear it is breathless!

52. Louis Puddy
    South Australia
    December 29, 2012, 9:24 am

Shaolin, China is where i would like to visit. Personally I am always enthralled by Chinas diverse history. Although I’m most interested in its martial arts and its development inside the Shaolin temple. I believe they just center their lives so well around it; I would enjoy a piece of their knowledge and experience to take home with me

53. sirius black
    December 29, 2012, 4:27 am

the devils pool at victoria falls!!!!

54. Dieter
    Germany
    December 29, 2012, 3:55 am

I like to be out in africa, but Bhutan Must be a Great Destination.

55. Nina A
    Maldives
    December 29, 2012, 12:44 am

I would like to go England and see those old places… sometimes a lot unknown stories lies hidden in those old walls…

56. AraVind
    Bora Bora
    December 28, 2012, 10:14 pm

Just can’t dream enough

57. Andi
    Indonesia, South Sulawesi
    December 28, 2012, 9:21 pm

I would love to visit Raja Ampat Island in Indonesia. I know the way to get there isn’t easy, but you can see the most beautiful island views ever. And also Raja Ampat called as Scuba Divers Paradise.
    You can check Wonderful Raja Ampat on youtube.

58. gabrielle valdez
    PHL
    December 28, 2012, 7:15 pm

France, or somewhere where old castles are, like ireland!

59. El Chapman
    December 28, 2012, 6:18 pm

Potenza, Italy- the place my grandfather was born. I’m learning Italian, just in case!!

60. Cindy Shaver
    Toronto Canada
    December 28, 2012, 4:43 pm

Catalonia Spain. Steeped in culture, culinary delights and unbelievable history and architecture. I want to take a step back and really experience all the region has to offer. Lingering over tapas, exploring the unbeaten track. ahhh *sigh, can I be there now?

61. Kaila
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    December 28, 2012, 4:18 pm

I would love to go back to Scotland and explore the Highlands and the Isle of Skye, which we unfortunately didn’t have time to visit when I stayed there for three weeks in June.
    The views as we were driving up to Pitlochry were absolutely breathtaking, and I would love to have more time to explore the northern area of the country.

62. Jazee
    Saudi Arabia
    December 28, 2012, 2:11 pm

Jeju island, South Korea. AMAZING PLACE

63. Susana
    Barcelona
    December 28, 2012, 2:01 pm

Conocer todos los castillos y cada rincon de las highlands en Escocia.

64. waqas
    Pakistan
    December 28, 2012, 1:44 pm

The most beautiful place i found is pakistan,there are lively city like lahore,green city like islamabad,mountains in north part,sea in south,nd loving and nice people

65. SaneVoice
    Karachi
    December 28, 2012, 1:11 pm

Hunza, Pakistan
    Majestic Mountains, Serene Atmosphere, Fresh Air, Welcoming People, Beauty beyond imagination.

66. Renuka
    New Delhi, India
    December 28, 2012, 1:05 pm

If it had to be one destination – it has to be Italy. I am fascinated with its countryside, vineyards, architecture, history, culture, food and landscape. I don’t know if it’s possible in 2013….

67. selis
    Indonesia
    December 28, 2012, 11:50 am

Visit Machu Pichu, Nepal, Tibet, Mongolia, south India, Srilanka & Maldives. :-)

68. Allie
    Ecuador
    December 28, 2012, 11:15 am

I hear Ecuador is a beautiful South American country. First stop, Galapagos.

69. Kirsten
    United Kingdom
    December 28, 2012, 11:07 am

ANTARCTICA!!!!!!!!!!

I have a personal goal to go to all seven continents by the time I am 30 (i have 10 years 4 days left) and anarctica by far is going to be the hardest/most expensive. But its just such an amazing place!

70. El Anor
    Serbia
    December 28, 2012, 10:27 am

N E W Z E A L A N D

71. Brenna
    Carpathian Mountains, Romania
    December 28, 2012, 10:26 am

I would like to venture through the deep woods of the Carpathian Mountains and collect/photograph the rare species of flora and fauna. Afterwards, I would visit the grand castles and fortresses and compare then to Romania’s small villas. I would explore the different types of industries and what they manufacture from agricultural products to modern day technologies as well as taste their foods and talk with the natives. I would love to do all of this documentary style.

72. Ingeborg Kriegsman
    Ede, The Netherlands
    December 28, 2012, 10:25 am

I like to visit Pompeii again and make photos of all the buildings, so there will be recent photo-documentation of the whole site.

73. Tamer KIRAL
    Türkiye / Bursa
    December 28, 2012, 10:14 am

Machu Pichu / Peru … to shoot photos of my dreams… smell the spirit…

74. Kristina
    East Siberia, Russia
    December 28, 2012, 10:11 am

Pery! Machu Picchu

75. maria patricia
    q.c. philippines
    December 28, 2012, 9:54 am

nepal and tibet, must be gorgeous just seeing these two places

76. Kirsti
    December 28, 2012, 9:52 am

I’d go back to Mosselbaai, South Africa to do some more conservation work with Great White Sharks.

77. carol anderson
    usa
    December 28, 2012, 9:51 am

so many wonderful places in this great wide world….i’ve long dreamed of traveling the Silk Road and thus Kazakhstan has much appeal. But then — traveling in Chile’s diversity would be great, a return to New Zealand beyond wonderful, and once on that side of the world, perhaps squeezing in trip to Tasmania

78. Courtney
    December 28, 2012, 9:48 am

Iceland

79. John Proctor
    Milton, ON
    December 28, 2012, 9:45 am

Iceland

80. Denis
    Switzerland
    December 28, 2012, 9:45 am

I would go to the Erta Ale volcano in Ethiopia

81. Joel
    Florida
    December 28, 2012, 9:35 am

China and Japan. I am fascinated by the “far east” and the best thing is my 9 year old has the same passion.

82. Anne McLoughlin
    Ireland
    December 28, 2012, 9:34 am

The Holy Land – been there twice, but alas I won’t be going back in 2013 and probably never.

83. Léa Maro Langelier
    Canada
    December 28, 2012, 9:33 am

I want to go to Turkey. I want to see cities under the sea, cities dug out of mountains, islands pledged by Cleopatra, the supposed remains of the Trojan Horse, the first known temple of worship to a human-form deity, and everything else history left behind in Turkey.

84. Tara
    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    December 28, 2012, 9:30 am

I would love to visit Chile sometime. Chile looks like a beautiful country and my favourite Actress is from Chile, heheh :D

I would also like to visit Israel, Jerusalem in particular. Also on my list of places to visit are – Russia, Germany and Saudi Arabia.

85. Matt Parker
    Toronto, ONT
    December 28, 2012, 9:23 am

I would like to go to Jaipur and North India…Amazing convergence of cultures and religion since the time of Sanskrit…so much has happened but the people just continue

86. Shyju George
    Banglore
    December 28, 2012, 9:19 am

Kerala – God’s own country

87. Jarmila Doubravová
    Prague, Czech Republic
    December 28, 2012, 7:44 am

New Zealand wopld be at the top of my travel list for next year, its beautiful and wild landscape has always attracted me more than anything else. And I’d like to see filming locations of Lord of the Rings!

88. Lynn
    Vermont
    December 28, 2012, 7:34 am

I want to go to Italy,back to France,New Zealand and Cook Islands,South Pacific,back to the Caribbean

89. Irena Kitanovic
    Serbia
    December 28, 2012, 7:28 am

I would like to go to Rio,Brazil!!!

90. Cathi Meinken
    Ohio
    December 28, 2012, 7:25 am

I’ve always wanted to visit Papua New Guinea. My great aunt was in a missionary and lived there for 20 years. The pictures she shared of the villages and habitat are truly amazing.

91. Mellisa
    Jakarta
    December 28, 2012, 7:22 am

I’d like to go to New Zealand because that’s a very wonderful place with beautiful landscape, beach and mountain.

92. M.k
    Kuwait
    December 28, 2012, 7:02 am

Whenever I hear the name Patagonia I get tears in my eyes! That’s how much I would love 2 go there !

93. marine
    France
    December 28, 2012, 4:31 am

I would like to go to China and see the mountains that inspired the movie Avatar !

94. paolo
    biassono Italia
    December 28, 2012, 3:32 am

All hawaian island. A real green paradise on earth!!!

95. Martina
    Austria/Australia
    December 28, 2012, 3:30 am

Too many places I want to see, but a trip to Komodo is planned and booked – a place I wanted to see for a very long time, or more precisely some of its inhabitants: the Komodo Dragons :)

96. paolo
    hawaii (maui,lanai..)
    December 28, 2012, 3:20 am

A green paradise on earth!!!

97. Magdalena
    Kraków
    December 28, 2012, 2:36 am

last winter i was in PERU, loved it! Vietnam and Zanzibar & tanzania are next goals :)

98. Simone Paine
    Eastern Cape, South Africa
    December 28, 2012, 1:04 am

To go bungi jumping off Tsitsikamma Bridge!

99. Shah
    Shah Alam, Malaysia
    December 27, 2012, 10:43 pm

I want to spend three weeks of summer in Oia, Greece, so I can spend every waking hour photographing those vibrant colorful houses against a backdrop of the amazing blue sky.

100. Brata Kusuma Santoso
    Boston, MA
    December 27, 2012, 10:38 pm

If I could travel to just one country next year, I think that’s gotta be Indonesia. Consisting of 17,508 islands, it is the biggest archipelago country in the world. And they have so many beautiful things to offer! (Including the world famous, Bali of course) Say Raja Ampat, Derawan Island, Gili and the list goes on. Whether you were looking for beaches, mountains, desert, waterfalls, anything you could ever think, they got it.

101. Pj Baladad
    Bauang , La Union , Philippines
    December 27, 2012, 9:58 pm

Choose Philippines

102. Marcelo
    Argentina
    December 27, 2012, 9:49 pm

La Patagonia es Argentina
    uno de los lugares mas hermosos del sur, por donde paso Magallanes en su expedicion
    ademas en argentina esta una de las 7 maravillas las cataratas de Iguazu

103. Lora Hartman
    Germany
    December 27, 2012, 8:35 pm

I was stationed there as a young Airman at Ramstein Air Force Base. My son was born at Landstuhl and we moved back to the states before his second birthday. He has never seen Germany (at least any that he remembers) and I would love to take him back there to see the beautiful country of Germany where he was born and trace back the steps around Europe where we took all of these cute photos where he was just an infant and take current photos to compare them to since he is 21 now!

104. Alina
    Polska , Poland
    December 27, 2012, 7:21 pm

Chce pojechać , zwiedzić i poznać Chiny.

105. Barbara Jones
    Ohio
    December 27, 2012, 7:08 pm

Manu Wilderness area in the lowlands of Peru. Thosands of bird and plant species and 100′s of mammal species. That’s my kind of place!
    I also would like to take my time and tour the U.S. north and southwest national parks and all points in between.

106. Crazy Zebra
    Gonarezhou Nationalpark - Zimbabwe
    December 27, 2012, 6:24 pm

One of the hidden Diamonds in the World

107. Ramachandra Panday
    Nepal
    December 27, 2012, 6:23 pm

I’m lucky enough to born in Nepal, the beauty of nature, the country of Mt. Everest and Buddha. Hope to see New zealand. . .

108. janiz K.
    madacascar
    December 27, 2012, 6:15 pm

madacascar!!! thats one amazing place…when you love nature then its that place where you must go before you die:) wild nature, animals what you havent seen before, nature what human havent handled yet!!! wild jungle!!!…thats palce what i wanna visit before i die:)

109. Diane Cole
    Antarctica
    December 27, 2012, 5:53 pm

With unbridled global warming, much of it may not be there to see by the end of my lifetime.

110. KennyHooker
    Lapland
    December 27, 2012, 5:45 pm

In search of Father Christmas. I believe it would be a wonderful adventure. Dog sledding, reindeer and the northern lights would be awesome I’m sure.

111. Monika
    Germany
    December 27, 2012, 5:43 pm

Bhutan

112. Klara
    December 27, 2012, 5:41 pm

I would travel to London or Japan…

113. Lori Taggart
    Ohio
    December 27, 2012, 5:37 pm

I would love to visit Bavaria Germany to find out more about my 6th great grandfather, baron Ludwig Von Fischer and the family castle and family history.

114. Johnny
    Ogna, Norway
    December 27, 2012, 5:32 pm

I’d like to visit “svingen grill” (The Swing Grill) in Ogna-Sirevaag Norway because i’ve heard they have a 1 kilo-of-meat-hamburger there, and if you manage to eat it all up they give a free ice cream and soda to go with that

115. Donata
    Lithuania
    December 27, 2012, 5:31 pm

Amazon rainforest

116. Lisa Smith
    Michigan
    December 27, 2012, 5:29 pm

I love to travel internationally but at the moment vacation time and money are an issue. So in 2013 I’m planning trips to two places closer to home that I’ve never seen: the Outer Banks in NC and the state of South Dakota (Mt. Rushmore, the Badlands, the Black Hills). There are so many beautiful things to see in America!

117. Ivan Radovich
    Brazil
    December 27, 2012, 5:22 pm

Croatia

118. milena mil
    Italy roma
    December 27, 2012, 5:21 pm

Costa Rica, Madagascar, Patagonia, Nuova Zelanda

119. Lindsey Bee
    Canada
    December 27, 2012, 5:21 pm

Barcelona, Spain has always been my dream …dwelling in sandcastles and waking up to Spanish guitar every morning …couldn’t get better than that.

120. Prunzmann
    Germany
    December 27, 2012, 5:12 pm

The destination will be Jersey (= one of the English Channel´s Islands)

121. jon harris
    uk
    December 27, 2012, 5:11 pm

I’m planning to climb Merapi on Java, then on to torajaland and manado on Sulawesi.

122. Kamsha Maharaj
    San Juan, Trinidad and Tobago
    December 27, 2012, 5:08 pm

Machu Picchu has been beckoning for years and I may just give in and visit soon. I’ve also got an insistent hankering for Paris, Scotland, Ireland and Italy as well. It’s a shame that I never made it to those European cities while I lived in London; but I’m hoping 2013 proves fruitful for international travel.

123. Kay
    Peru
    December 27, 2012, 5:07 pm

I have always wanted to see Machu Pichu

124. Omer
    turkey
    December 27, 2012, 5:05 pm

you can’t assume yourself have travelled unless you travalled istanbul! if there is someone around you, who travelled to Istanbul before, just ASK and get what i say!

125. Karolina
    Poland
    December 27, 2012, 5:04 pm

Nepal, New Zealand, Galapagos Islands, Madagaskar..there’re a lot of places I want to see..now it’s time for Mexico, Guatemala and Belize in 2 months time :)))

126. Serhiy Kiral
    Lviv, Ukraine
    December 27, 2012, 4:59 pm

For a feel of true Habsburg’s era city with a mixture of cultures and christian religions, taste of coffee and infantility of its inhabitants for modern life

127. ANDREA SAUVANET
    ARGENTINA
    December 27, 2012, 4:52 pm

ME ENCANTARÍA VISITAR TURQUÍA…. EGIPTO…. MARRUECOS… <3

128. Masao Shiga
    Nepal , Borneo(Malaysia), Venezuela.
    December 27, 2012, 1:30 am

Nepal (for sightseeing flight  for Mt.Everest view and elephant back safari ),
    Borneo(for observe a orangutan etc),
    Venezuela(Guiana  Highlands :for look a Angel  fall,)

129. Dimitra
    Trikala Greece
    December 26, 2012, 11:47 am

I hope to visit Patagonia, Antarctica,Galapagos and New Zealand

130. Natina Harris
    NC
    December 26, 2012, 2:42 am

France, Egypt, South Africa, & other countries in Africa!

131. Emily Crowell
    Nashville
    December 23, 2012, 11:24 pm

I hope to visit Antarctica for the otherworldly landscapes and untouched feeling of nature.

132. Freya Renders
    Belgium
    December 23, 2012, 5:01 pm

The inca Trail to Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands are on the top of my bucket list. I know these are 2 very different things but I believe both will be an incredible and unique experience. I cannot wait till April 2013 as I plan to combine both in April and May 2013. I cannot wait till April, I’m so looking forward to this.

133. Maureen
    Anchorage, AK
    December 22, 2012, 11:26 pm

Victoria Falls

134. Elyse Pasquale
    New York, NY
    December 22, 2012, 11:11 pm

I’d like to explore Finnish Lapland in early 2013 when there’s more darkness than light and the landscape is white. I want to connect with the Sámi and Finnish cultures through the local cuisine, from reindeer and salted fish to cloudberries and moose. I want to travel by sled, breathe deeply in a sauna and be dazzled by the Northen Lights.

135. Karen Bensen
    Tibet and or mongolia
    December 22, 2012, 9:34 pm

To see the colors and culture of Tibet has been something I have been looking to for years. The same with visiting the vast plains of Mongolia or the culture that never died. Maybe in 2014. 2013 is filled with Alaska in February, winter is the best time to go, and back to Vietnam to volunteer.

136. Pam Johnson aka MzZoomer
    Vancouver, BC
    December 22, 2012, 12:18 am

Oh man, I would love to go to Burma, India (northern half), Cambodia and to climb Mt. Aconcagua, Argentina. It won’t happen necessarily but a girl does need to dream and eventually it will happen.

137. Aftri Marriska
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    December 21, 2012, 1:19 am

I’d like to visit Norway, simply because I want to see Auroras in person. It’s something you can’t get when you’re living in the equator line here in Indonesia :)

138. Bob Hilscher
    Peru
    December 20, 2012, 10:49 am

Hi there. My wife, Jean, and I spent close to a month in Peru driving, hiking, flying, canoeing, and riding the rails across the country. We have traveled to several parts of the world, creating wonderful memories, but Peru, however, tops our list.

The trip to Peru was made memorable because it included such a variety of unique and separate experiences like flying over the Nazca Lines, hiking in the Amazon Jungle, driving into the Andes Mountains to see wild Vicuna, and climbing Huayna Picchu at Machu Picchu. Of course, a vast number of other sights and scenes crossed our paths while in that wonderful country, too. Come check out some of our pictures and stories at:

139. Doreen Pendgracs
    December 19, 2012, 8:44 am

Madagascar is definitely high on my list. But ‘ll be going for the chocolate …

140. Marina N M
    Brazil
    December 19, 2012, 4:53 am

East Africa
    I’ve always dreamed of going on a safari and see giraffes, lions, elephants, etc in wild, meeting some Maasai people and learning about their history and culture.
    The perfect ending to this holiday is resting at the white sand beaches of Mombasa, Diani or Lamu.
    Luckly, I’ve finally found the perfect person to go on this trip with me next year! We’re so excited!

141. Natalie Tsang
    China/UK
    December 19, 2012, 4:27 am

I really want to go to Italy!

I’m planning a backpacking trip throughout Europe to the places I’ve always wanted to go to: Turkey, Greece, Italy, France, and Germany.

142. Wee-Giap Tan
    Easter Island
    December 19, 2012, 2:30 am

I want to lie beside the Moai statues and gaze at the night sky full of stars. That would probably be the most memorable moment in my life.

143. DIMITRA