The Radar — the best of the travel blogosphere — is a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday.
Here’s this week’s:
- Matt Long had absolutely no desire to go to Venice, Italy. Then he “saw it and everything changed.” Lesson learned: Keep an open mind when you’re traveling. @LandLopers
- Some of you might remember Born Free, the popular 1960s film based on Joy and George Adamson’s experience raising an orphaned lion cub, then reintroducing her into the wilds of Kenya. Turns out you can stay at Elsamere. Just watch out for the hippos. @theplanetd
- Would you climb the highest peak in the United Kingdom…in a kilt…in January? Read about how National Geographic Traveler‘s Digital Nomad, Andrew Evans did just that. @WheresAndrew
- Long-term travel won’t change who you are at root, so it’s best to be honest with yourself when planning an extended trip. After all, “everyone is as unique as the trips they plan.” @20sTravel
- Did you know that there’s a Darwin museum in Moscow? And that it’s said to be the oldest (and perhaps largest) natural history museum in the world? Atlas Obscura gives us a primer on this unlikely institution. @atlasobscura