The Radar – the best of the travel blogosphere – is a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday.
Here’s this week’s:
- Bigger isn’t always better — especially when you’re trying to save time and money while traveling. That’s why Rotterdam makes the perfect home base for seeing the Netherlands. Here are seven winning day trips to get you started. @eurotriptips
- Myanmar has been becoming a popular spot for travelers these days, but much of the country is relatively uncharted. Follow this blogger’s trek through Kalaw en route to the tourist hub of Nyaung Shwe near shimmering Inle Lake. @2Travelaholics
- The Philippines may be known for its powdery beaches and azure waters, but a diver’s paradise — think shipwrecks and reefs teaming with marine life — is waiting to be discovered offshore. Check out this guide to some of the best diving spots in this island wonderland. @velvetescape
- Edinburgh, Melbourne, Reykjavik, Iowa City? One of only six cities dubbed by UNESCO as a “City of Literature,” this isn’t your average flyover metropolis. Discover the literary treasures awaiting you in this small-but-proud town. @ReaderRoadTrips
- Bulgaria is one of Europe’s oldest but least traveled countries. From mountains and forests to beaches and cityscapes, this Balkan charmer’s rich history and affordability make it bucket-list worthy. Just take it from this local, who has practical advice for first-time travelers. @WanderingEds