The Radar – the best of the travel blogosphere – is a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday.
Here’s this week’s:
- Make way, Montréal. From the historic Vieux-Québec quarter to the avant-garde art scene in the newly trendy Saint-Roch neighborhood, Quebec City is a destination in its own right. @bohemiantrails
- Make a pilgrimage to where youth hostels all began: a castle in Altena, Germany. This quaint town nestled high in the hills of the Sauerland is also, quite fittingly, the perfect resting spot after a good day’s hike. @easyhiker
- If you’re in a mellow mood, why not check out Folegandros? Less trendy — and touristy — than Santorini or Mykonos, this island in the Cyclades has all you need to unwind: chill beaches and locals, clear aqua water, and a glass of ouzo waiting just for you at the taverna up the street. @1step2theleft
- It takes a strong city to reinvent itself when it’s at its most unrecognizable. Years after several earthquakes destroyed its core, Christchurch, New Zealand, is finding new — and often temporary — ways to move on, as a community. @timleffel
- Antarctica‘s not your run-of-the-mill travel destination. That’s why it pays to do your research before you go — and take the opportunity to learn from the mistakes of others. @LandLopers