The Radar – the best of the travel blogosphere – is a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday.
Here’s this week’s:
- What happens when you arrive in Iceland only to encounter pebble-whipping wind and fog so thick it hides the beauty you traveled so far to see? Find out why this Nordic country is “a very expensive crapshoot.” @HeckticTravels
- Southwestern China may be famous for its scenery, but there are plenty of curious cultural traditions to experience. Case in point: the women of the Red Yao tribe in Longsheng, who may just have the longest hair in the world. @thatbackpacker
- If you’re looking for adventure (and perfect weather), consider Maui. Hearing tales of biking down Haleakala, paragliding over the island, and sinking beneath the waves in a submarine made us want to pack our bags. @BohemianTrails
- Street art is exploding around the world, and becoming an attraction in its own right. But it’s not as two-dimensional as you’d think. Check out this delightful photo series of people interacting with walls in Montreal. @Gadling
- Sharks get a bad rap, but these apex predators are actually in crisis around the world. Indonesia is one of the biggest culprits when it comes to perpetuating the controversial trade. Here’s a story of a group working to change the tide. @WanderlandAlex