The Radar – the best of the travel blogosphere – is a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday.
Here’s this week’s:
- When you’re traveling, keeping your already limited wardrobe clean can seem like a daunting task — but it doesn’t have to be. Avoid looking like a “filthy vagrant” with Matthew Karsten’s four tried-and-true laundry techniques. @ExpertVagabond
- The Blarney Stone is worthy of a kiss, but don’t count out the castle it’s built into. A boulder with an eerie profile and wish-granting steps are just two of Blarney Castle’s natural wonders. Go for the stone, but “stay for everything else.” @LandLopers
- Long-term travel can get expensive, but don’t let being short on funds deter you from taking your dream trip. Check out these tips on how to cut costs on your round-the-world adventure. @BootsnAll
- The unpredictable weather in Southern Iceland can make for a roller coaster of a day, but the spectacular views are worth the ride. From Skógafoss waterfall to the black rocks of Reynisdrangar, you won’t be disappointed — but make sure to pack your raincoat. @theplanetd
- Reconnecting with your roots by taking a trip to your motherland is a must-do, according to Spencer Spellman, who recently returned from a trip to Scotland. “I felt this deep personal connection to a place that no Caribbean beach, plate lunch in Hawaii, or South African safari can provide.” @spencerspellman