The Radar–the best of the travel blogosphere–is a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday.
Here’s this week’s:
- In Barcelona, you can stroll down Las Ramblas, admire Antoni Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia, and stick your toes in the Balearic Sea–all in one day. To make the most of your time, here’s a guide to fun and food in this magical city. @aworldtotravel
- The word Soweto is nearly synonymous with Nelson Mandela, who lived in the notorious South African township before he was imprisoned, and returned there a free man after 27 years in jail. Check out this musing on the Soweto Mandela left behind and how his legacy lives on. @insidetravellab
- Visiting a destination during shoulder season can have huge pay offs–and Turkey is a great example. Reasonable prices, smaller crowds, and beautiful scenery make this temperate destination the perfect winter getaway. @youngadventures
- Looking for the fountain of youth? Head to Israel and take a dip in the Dead Sea, where the healing powers the world’s most buoyant body of water will make you feel like a kid again. @ordinarytravelr
- From markets to street art, quirky shops to vintage shopping, East London is one of the trendiest neighborhoods in England’s capital city. Discover 10 reasons why this “hipster hub” is worth visiting. @travelsofadam