Happy New Year! Another year of endless travel possibilities lies ahead. Where do you want to go in 2012? We asked that very question to our Facebook fans last Friday. See photos of destinations on our readers’ 2012 bucket lists, then tell us where you want to go in the comments section below.

Photos by readers like you. Upload your favorite travel photos with a caption to Your Shot/Travel at ngm.com/yourshot. Tag all submissions #travelshot, then look for your photos online in one of our My Shot community galleries or here on the blog.

Related:

[Best Trips 2012]

Comments

1. feruza
    Uzbekistan
    January 3, 2012, 2:16 pm

I want to fly over Grand Canyon and all beaty below
    !

2. Alexander
    January 3, 2012, 5:45 pm

Happy New 2012 Year for Everyone!!!
    From the photos above I would go to Zakynthos, Rome, and Petra. Also, I suggest for everybody to visit this year 2 biggest in the world sport events- in June – European football championship in Ukraine and Poland, and later in July(August) – Olympic Games in London! Discover Europe and beyond at http://travel-europe-eu.blogspot.com/

3. Reg of The Spain Scoop
    barcelona
    January 4, 2012, 2:40 am

Some very nice shots there! Like all the diversity! Iceland to Kenya!

4. Backpack India
    www.highontravel.com
    January 4, 2012, 5:10 am

Happy new year 2012
    i want to go in new year 2012 very pleasant stay in kerala.Because there are some very nice place to visit and enjoy to life style.

5. Emily
    Chicago
    January 4, 2012, 10:11 am

Began my year at the Grand Canyon…it was stunning. Petra is on my list, and a South African safari. Also with these Chicago winters, I think I could relocate to Panama permanently, it was one of my favorite trips last year…it has everything! Nat Geo travelers should enter Amble Resort’s contest to win a plane ticket anywhere in the world and check off some of these bucket list destinations :)

6. Karie
    USA
    January 6, 2012, 2:05 am

If your going to the Grand Canyon you should go with National Park Tourz out of Kanab Utah. They do an all inclusive 4 day 4 night trip to Grand Canyon, Zion National Parks, Lake Powell/Glen Canyon National Recreational Areaand Bryce Canyon National Park for under 2k. That is 4 awesome National Parks and Recreational Areas.

7. NIna
    Slovenia
    January 26, 2012, 5:37 pm

Jordan very soon. Also, Colombia should be on the list, for example Zipaquira is really stunning place to see! ( posted some photos and trip report here: http://bit.ly/wbrjSR )

8. the lazy travelers | no travel required