Here they are — ten kid-friendly things you can do in Hollywood:
1. Hunt for chipmunk paw prints in front of Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, where Alvin, Simon, and Theodore made their impressions last year.
5. Behold the neighboring statues of Johnny Ramone (shaggy guitarist from punk rock’s Ramones) and Toto (shaggy cairn terrier from The Wizard of Oz) among the graves at Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
6. Mosey up Beachwood Drive to Sunset Ranch for a horseback ride on the hills near the Hollywood sign.
7. Hear the pipes of the Mighty Wurlitzer herald a matinee at El Capitan, a revived 1920s theater.
8. Climb Mount Hollywood by following the Charlie Turner trail from the Griffith Observatory’s parking lot to the top (2.5 miles round trip) for a sweeping view of the city.
10. Visit the museum at dusk to see a forest of vintage street lamps light up Wilshire Boulevard (“Urban Light” by Chris Burden).