The Radar — the best of the travel blogosphere — is a regular feature on Intelligent Travel every Wednesday.
Here’s this week’s:
- Even though Siem Reap is “bustling, dusty, and packed full of people,” it’s an A-one destination for solo travelers. The people are nice, the food is affordable, and Angkor Wat is a great place to get lost in your own thoughts. @solotraveler
- Many people dream of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. But seeing it from far away is pretty darn impressive, too. Find out the other reason you should visit Kenya’s Amboseli National Park. @theplanetd
- Traveling with kids can be as exhilarating as it is nerve-wracking. Check out this touching post about a moment that made this travel blogger and mom feel like she was “somehow getting motherhood right.” @yTravelBlog
- Some of England’s seaside resorts are waning, while others are staging comebacks. Iain Mallory gives us the goods on why his hometown of Blackpool is worth a visit. But you might just want to wait for summer to make the trip. @MalloryOnTravel
- Everyone’s always talking about Austin, but what about nearby Houston? Here’s a guide to the arts, culture, music, crafts, and coffee that make this Texas city so unique. @TheCultureist